If you don't want to have the 'flu jab then below are a few ideas to help you stay healthy during the winter months.
1) Avoid processed foods as these are often high in sugar and other additives
2) Increase your intake of fresh fruit and vegetables as these will provide you with plenty of Vitamin C.
3) Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoid fizzy drinks as not only are fizzy drinks high in sugar they are not as good at hydrating you as water is. If you want to make your own flavoured water cut up some lemons and limes and infuse them in a jug of water.
4) Boost your immunity by taking a 1000 iu Vitamin D supplement. There are very few contra-indications for Vitamin D, but it is always worth checking with your GP or health professional
5) Probiotics are also good for the immune system and taking a high quality probiotic will help support the gut integrity.
6) Get out and about so that you get plenty of fresh air and exercise
7) Open the bedroom windows and air the room even though it may seem cold.
8) Reduce your stress levels by being organised and take up a hobby such as yoga or dancing as this will improve your general sense of well-being
9) Get plenty of sleep so that you feel able to cope with day-to-day events
10) Visit your homeopath, nutritionist or other health professional to review your overall health
Signing off for now - June